O Level Exam Paper Solved INRODUCTION TO ICT RESOURCES
M1-R4: INRODUCTION TO ICT RESOURCES (JAN 2019)
Max Marks: 100 M4-R4-01-19
DURATION: 03 Hrs
1. Each question below gives a multiple choice of answers. Choose the most appropriate one and enter in the “OMR” answer sheet supplied with the question paper, following instructions therein
1.1 _________ is a device which is used to connect two different networks.
D) None of the above
1.2 __________ is known as loop back address.
1.3 _________ is a bootstrap program in Windows.
1.4 Number of usable Host with address 192.168.128.0/22
1.5 Ethernet uses _______ method to access medium
1.6 ________ topology is highly expensive
C) Fully Mesh
D) Common Bus
1.7 OSI Model consists of ________ number of layers.
1.8 ________ memory is faster than RAM
B) Pen Drive
1.9 ________ is used to compress files and folders
1.10 ________ Key is used to take snapshot of desktop screen
A) Alt+Print Screen
B) Enter+Print Screen
C) F1+Print Screen
D) Print Screen
2. Each statement below is either TRUE or FALSE. Choose the most appropriate one and enter your choice in the “OMR” answer sheett supplied with the question paper, following instructions therein.
2.1 MBR is known as boot partition. TRUE
2.2 Formatting drive will rearrange data in hard disk drive. FALSE
2.3 PCI slot is available in computer to install graphics card. TRUE
2.4 Fibre optic cable reduces cross talk effect. TRUE
2.5 Central Point of failure is disadvantage of star topology. TRUE
2.6 Steps of creation of User and Groups are similar in Linux operating system. TRUE
2.7 Defragmentation of Hard disk will erase content of drive. FALSE
2.8 Wireless Network uses radio waves to transmit signals. TRUE
2.9 NFS is a file sharing protocol in Windows operating system. FALSE
2.10 Switches take decision based on MAC Address. TRUE
3. Match words and phrases in column X with the closest related meaning word (s) /phrase(s) in column Y. Enter your selection in the “OMR” answer sheet supplied with the question paper, following instructions therein.
|3.1||Physical Address||A||Collision Free Topology|
|3.2||Reduction of File Size||B||OSI|
|3.3|| Standard Creation Committee for |
|3.5||Programmable Storage||E||IP Address|
|3.6||A Type of Printer||F||Cost Effective Topology|
|3.7||Provides Internet||G||Ping Command|
|3.10||Command to test Network||J||Ipconfig command|
Ans: 3.1 – K
3.2 – H
3.3 – M
3.4 – E
3.5 – C
3.6 – L
3.7 – I
3.8 – A
3.9 – F
3.10 – G
4. Each statement below has a blank space to fit one of the word(s) or phrase(s) in the list below. Choose the most appropriate option; enter your choice in the “OMR” answer sheet supplied with the question paper, following instructions therein.
|A.||Operating System||B.||Scan Disk||C.||Circuit|
|G.||Dynamic link library||H.||High Level||I.||Packet|
|J.||ROM BIOS||K.||Recycle Bin||L.||HDD|
4.1 The DLL extension stands for ____(G)
4.2 ________ (E) is a connectionless protocol.
4.3 In _________(C) switching, dedicated path is established before data is transferred.
4.4 _______(J) is a physical part of PC that keeps track of the hardware resources on the system.
4.5 Deleted files can be retrieved from _______(K)
4.6 (M)________ is a utility that removes unnecessary files from a slow running hard drive.
4.7 (B)_______ is a utility program, which searches for unmapped file blocks of HDD.
4.8 (J)________ identifies on file’s location in the HDD.
4.9 (A)_______ acts as an interface between user and hardware.
4.10 (F)________ formatting reformats file system of HDD.
5. (a) List down various components of computer. What safety precautions must be taken while assembling parts of computer?
(b) Write down the functionalities of each layer of TCP/IP protocol suite.
6. (a) Write down step-by-step booting procedure of Linux operating system.
(b) What is concept behind compressing files? What are the features of WinZip to compress files and folders?
7. (a) How does impact printer prints document?
(b) How to take back-up and restore files and folders in Windows operating system?
(c) How can be IP address configured in Windows operations system?
8. (a) Explain Simplex, Half and Full duplex mode of communication.
(b) What is Defragmentation of Hard Disks? What are the advantages of it?
(c) Write down steps of installation of Microsoft Office in Windows operating system.
9. Write notes on any three of the following:
(b) BIOS Setup
(c) Networking Topologies
(d) File and Printer Sharing in Windows OS